Assistant Women’s Lacrosse Coach – part time
Posted February 3, 2016Summary
Ursuline College is seeking candidates for a part-time Assistant Lacrosse Coach. Ursuline College is a member of NCAA Division II and the Great Midwest Athletic Conference (G-MAC). This is a part-time position which begins immediately. Stipend plus room available. Responsibilities
Duties include (not limited to): assisting in all practice sessions and competitive events; assisting in pre-season and in-season conditioning; assisting with recruitment of student-athletes; assisting in fund raising and community service.Qualifications
1) Bachelor’s Degree.
2) Coaching experience or collegiate playing experience required.
3) Demonstrated experience working in a multicultural environment.
4) Must have a valid driver’s license, a good driving record and the ability to drive vans.
5) Commitment to high standards of character as well as a commitment to student-athlete success both academically and athletically.How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and 3 references to Ed Karasek, Head Lacrosse Coach, at email@example.com. Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Media Center Services Assistant – part time
Posted January 29, 2016
Ursuline College invites applications for the position of Media Center Services Assistant. This position is part-time, 30 hours per week for approximately 44 weeks per year, including some evening and weekend hours.Responsibilities
Assist at the Media Center circulation desk including checking materials in and out, shelving and assisting patrons according to the guidelines and polices established by the Media Center and Library. Receive orders for audio visual equipment and work with faculty and staff to determine equipment needs. Assist with delivery and setup of audio visual equipment. Assist faculty in troubleshooting audio visual equipment and basic software support.Qualifications
Associates degree preferred. Knowledge of library and media systems preferred. Ability to move and lift various types of audio visual equipment. Must have basic computer skills including knowledge of Office products. Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills plus the ability to work in an inclusive environment. How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references to Suzy Schroeder, Head of Library Electronic and Media Services. Email firstname.lastname@example.org . Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Director of Education Unit – Faculty Position
Posted January 13, 2015Summary
Reporting to the Dean of Graduate and Professional Studies, the Graduate Education Director position will coordinate all graduate education programs and work in collaboration with the Undergraduate Education Director to provide leadership to the entire Education Unit. This appointment will begin August 15, 2016 and will be a one year renewable contract.Responsibilities
• Work with the Vice President for Academic Affairs and the Vice President for Enrollment Management to oversee the implementation of strategic planning, implementation of graduate recruitment strategies, retention initiatives, and continuous improvement efforts
• Coordinate with faculty to develop and implement new programs including online master’s programs
• Oversee and monitor daily operations, budgeting, compliance with accreditation standards, internal and external reporting requirements, program marketing, and admissions and retention
• Contribute to strengthening the academic program offerings in our bachelors and master’s degrees in education
• Participate as a member of the Graduate and Professional Studies faculty through teaching, research, and service and may teach at the undergraduate or graduate levels based on expertise
• Actively engage in seeking externally funded grants
• Coordinate with the faculty to ensure that all program offerings, regardless of delivery method, will be of high quality and participate in the development of proper systems to support the faculty who are teaching in – and students who are learning in -- online and hybrid modalities
• Establish a network in Northeast Ohio P-12 communityQualifications
• Ph.D. or Ed.D. in the field of Education preferred
• 5 years faculty experience in higher education
• 5 years administrative experience in the field of Education
• Certification/licensure in an area of education offered in the unit
• Proven track record of success in program management
Commitment to the mission of the College as a Catholic, woman-focused institution of higher learning is essential, as are effective interpersonal communication skills; a collaborative, problem-solving management style; and a student-centered educational philosophy. How to Apply
Please submit your letter of interest, a detailed description of your plan to move the education unit forward, your curriculum vitae, and recommendations to Mr. Joseph LaGuardia, interim Dean of Graduate and Professional Studies at email@example.com Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Dean, School of Graduate and Professional Studies
Posted January 13, 2016
The College announces a search for a Dean of the School of Graduate and Professional Studies. Ursuline seeks a strategic leader with demonstrated success in recruiting and working with students, faculty and staff across diverse academic units to foster interdisciplinary inquiry and programmatic innovation. The next Dean will lead the enhancement of academic programs within the school. He/she will generate resources to support Ursuline’s mission, promote the visibility of the School externally, and manage operations. He/she will be responsible for all aspects of academic life, including faculty and student scholarship, teaching excellence, and creative opportunities. The Dean, working with program chairs will provide overall leadership within the School for strategic planning, academic program development and review, budget management, and staffing.
The successful candidate will possess a Ph.D. or equivalent in one of the disciplines housed in the School and/or ability to teach in one of the program areas, experience with the assessment of student learning, and success working within a multicultural setting. Additional preferred qualifications are as follows:
• Excellence in strategic planning for academic programming;
• Ability to provide leadership in the areas of technology integration and online learning;
• A minimum of five years of administrative experience at the level of department chair or above;
• A minimum of five years college teaching experience;
• Recognized scholarship in her/his discipline.
Commitment to the mission of the College as a Catholic, woman-focused institution of higher learning is essential, as are effective interpersonal communication skills, both written and oral. A collaborative management style, a problem-solving approach, and a student-centered educational philosophy are also requirements of this position. Academic rank will be commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send letter of interest, curriculum vitae and three letters of reference to Elizabeth Kavran, interim Vice President of Academic Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org Deadline for application is March 1, 2016.
Head Women’s Golf Coach – Part TimePosted December 16, 2015
Responsible for administering and organizing all aspects of the golf program, including recruitment. Ursuline College offers 11 intercollegiate athletic programs. As a member of the NCAA DII, we offer athletic scholarships to our student-athletes. This is a part-time position that begins immediately; salary is $6,000/year. Reports to the Director of Athletics.
Develop the practice and game schedule; Arrange team travel; Complete required reports; Work with the Admission office to coordinate recruitment efforts and campus visits; Participate in department fund raisers; Take an active interest in the student athlete in the classroom. Must adhere to and follow all NCAA Division II and conference rules, regulations and bylaws.Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree required; experience as a golf coach at the college or high school level. Demonstrated experience working within an inclusive community. Must have a valid driver’s license, a good driving record and the ability to drive vans to and from contests. Commitment to high standards of character as well as a commitment to student-athlete success both academically and athletically.How to Apply
Candidates should submit cover letter, resume, salary requirements and three references to Cindy McKnight, Director of Athletics, at email@example.com. Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Technical Services Librarian
Posted December 10, 2015Summary
College invites applications for the position of Technical Services
Librarian. This is a full time position, reporting to the Library
include providing bibliographic control and access to collections –
print, electronic, and audiovisual – by copy cataloging and original
cataloging of added materials; providing authority control; providing
patrons in-depth subject assistance, bibliographic instruction, and
other reference services; assisting in developing and maintaining
collections; acting as subject liaison as assigned.
Degree in Library Science and cataloging experience required. Previous
relevant experience in an academic library preferred. Must have
strong computer skills. Must have excellent communication and
interpersonal skills and the ability to work in an inclusive
How to Apply
should send a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and names and
contact information for three professional references to Betsey Belkin,
Library Director, firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of resumes will begin
January 5, 2016, and continue until the position is filled.