School of Arts and Sciences | Student Accomplishments
STUDENT NEWS AS OF 1 NOVEMBER 2015
- Students in EN 329 and English majors attended The Crucible with Eileen Kohut and Sr. Cynthia Glavac at The Cleveland Playhouse as part of their American Literature Experience, 17 Oct 15.
- Alumna Robin Ott is the Volunteer Coordinator at the Holden Arboretum.
- HIP major Clay Fellows is interning at Unionville Tavern and is also volunteering at the U.S.S. Cod.
- Jessica Seaman, B.A. May ’13 in Historic Preservation and History, completed her M.A. in Humanities program with a graduate assistantship at John Carroll University.
- Mary Ogle, B.A. in Humanities and M.A. in HiP May ’11, has been hired as the Project Review Manager for Ohio Historic Preservation Office.
- Alumna Erin Kezele, ’15, found employment as Patient Care Nursing Assistant at Cleveland Clinic.
- Alumna Sharita Hill, ‘14, teaches K-8 science at the Intergenerational School.
STUDENT NEWS AS OF 1 OCTOBER 2015
- Mary Brigid, A Studio Major BA from Ursuline College and in the first class of Art Therapy [graduate program] had her picture and that of a friend on the electrical boxes at Euclid Avenue and East 6th Street. There was a call for artists and Mary's Batik portraits won and her work will be replicated on two electrical boxes one at each end, East 6th Cleveland Ohio.
- Megan Funkhouser, junior art therapy major, participated in a service learning trip to Eagle Butte, SD, to volunteer with the Cheyenne River Youth Project, working alongside the graduate Counseling and Art Therapy students and faculty to implement art programming for native children and teens, 20-27 Jun 15.
- Members of U-EartH have held two art programs at the Beachwood Public Library. At the teen group students made “wish beads” with the teens, and a children’s group, they read Blueberries for Sal and made whimsical blueberry/cheerio bird feeders, 10, 15 Sep 15.
- Brandi McCormick, a BFA painting graduate of our Studio Art Department, went on to get her teaching masters in art education degree and graduated this Spring and is now teaching at St Saint Martin de Porres in Cleveland, Fall 15.