Master of Arts in Education/PASE
Welcome to our PASE website! We hope you will consider joining our new cohort that begins in August. If you want to see how a few of our graduates rate the program, click here
. You will not only be taking the first steps towards your Master of Arts in Education, you will be engaging with fellow teachers in transforming education, increasing your students' learning, and making a positive, significant difference in our world.
If you are questioning whether obtaining a Master's Degree is worth the effort, click here
for some reasons.
Clicking on the items to the right will introduce you to our curriculum, course descriptions and admission procedures. You are also in the correct place if you want an endorsement in reading or computer technology facilitator. Or you may wish to add a license in Special Education.
Programs for Advanced Studies in Education (PASE) are graduate programs for currently practicing teachers. The mission of the PASE program flows from a single perspective - developing a high level of professionalism among currently practicing teachers. Professionalism includes:
- The ability to effectively navigate difficult and ambiguous practical classroom situations from the perspective of deep theoretical and ethical insight--all for the benefit of students;
- A commitment to skillful leadership in the alignment of educational principles, organizational processes, and personal values and behaviors also for the benefit of students and for the benefit of your colleagues in education;
- Critical, reasoned and reflective engagement and dialogue with other educational professionals on current important issues.
The PASE program seeks to accomplish its goals by partnering and working closely through you with the schools and districts where teachers work to ensure that both the content of the courses and the experiences of PASE students are of the highest quality.In order to participate in any of the program areas, potential students must be currently employed as a teacher and have a current teaching certificate/license. If you are instead considering making a career change to education, please explore our MAP program.
to view the PASE brochure (.pdf)
- One evening per week, from 4:30 PM to 9:00 PM
- Finish one course every eight weeks
- Winter and summer breaks
- Culminating project (i.e., an action research project) is required
- Financial loans and "pay as you go" plans are available
- Student loan repayments may be deferred until program completion
- Federal Title One Teachers may apply for the loan forgiveness program
FOR THE LATEST IN TECHNOLOGY AND EDUCATION, TAKE ONE OR MORE:
SUMMER WORKSHOPS 2012 AT URSULINE COLLEGE FOR CREDIT, PDUs, LICENSE RENEWAL
[For more information, click here]