Bachelor of Science in Nursing
The Breen School of Nursing offers programs that prepare clinically competent and caring nurses at both the generalist (BSN) and advanced practice (MSN) levels. The school is affiliated with internationally renowned healthcare institutions and is fully accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). Ursuline College is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Did You Know That:
- Ursuline College nursing graduates have consistently scored above average in the national and state average ranges for the NCLEX state board examination.
- Most students meeting requirements are admitted directly into the nursing program when admitted to the college. No separate application is needed for nursing.
- Smaller class size and clinical groups offer more personal attention.
- Communication, problem-solving, and values-based decision making are integrated into all aspects of the curriculum.
- Graduates enter the job market with cutting-edge knowledge in healthcare economics and leadership practice.
- Ursuline College graduates are aggressively recruited by top Cleveland hospitals because of their caring and values-based approach to nursing.
Minimum Admission Requirements for High School Students
- GPA of 2.75 or above
- Composite ACT of 20 or SAT of 1000
- Must demonstrate proficiency in high school algebra I, biology with lab, and chemistry with lab by earning a C+ or higher in each of these courses
Minimum Admission Requirements for Individuals with College Credit
- GPA of 2.5 or above cumulative average of all college course work
- A letter of recommendation from an instructor or employer
- If you are currently or have been previously enrolled in a nursing program, you need a letter of good standing from the Director/Dean of the program
- Required sciences (anatomy & physiology, inorganic/organic/biochemistry, and microbiology with labs) may be attempted only twice, including courses taken at any previous schools.
- All science courses being transferred to Ursuline College must be taken within the last seven years. This includes anatomy & physiology, inorganic/organic/biochemistry, and microbiology.
**Applications are evaluated on an individual basis. Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee acceptance to The Breen School of Nursing