This page is for you if you are applying to any of the degree programs in the Breen School of Nursing
Applicants to the Breen School of Nursing directly from high school need to have a cumulative GPA of 2.75, and a composite ACT of 20 or SAT of 1000 (not including the writing portion of the test). In addition to meeting the above stated criteria for admission to Ursuline College, nursing applicants must demonstrate a proficiency in algebra, biology with lab, and chemistry with a C+ or higher in each these courses. Applicants who have not demonstrated such proficiency may be admitted as pre-nursing students or admitted to the College, but not to the nursing program.
Specific requirements for Nursing Applicants in addition to those listed here
:Prospective incoming freshman Nursing students must:
- Send official high school transcript or GED
- Send official ACT or SAT scores* (NOTE: if ACT or SAT scores are printed on your “official” transcript, they will be considered as “official scores”)
- Send official transcript of AP scores (if taken)
Prospective incoming transfer Nursing students must:
- Send official transcripts from all institutions in which credit bearing courses were completed including High School or GED if you are transferring fewer than 45 quarter hours or 30 semester hours
- Send one letter of recommendation from a counselor or teacher
- Send letter of “Good Standing” only if previously enrolled in any nursing program. This letter must come from the Dean or Program Director of your previous program.
*Effective for students entering January 2011
- Required sciences (anatomy & physiology, general chemistry, organic/biochemistry and microbiology) may be attempted only twice, including courses taken at any previous schools.
- All science courses being transferred to Ursuline College must be taken within the last seven years. This includes anatomy & physiology, general chemistry, organic/biochemistry and microbiology.
Prospective Second Degree Accelerated Nursing Program students need: (after acceptance to Ursuline College)
- Accelerated BSN Student Data Form
- Updated Resume
Note: Students denied admission to the nursing or pre-nursing may not re-apply to the nursing program.