Research in the Archives
Members of the Ursuline College community and other researchers are invited to conduct research at the Ursuline College
Archives. Researchers may only access the records when the archives are open (see the current schedule
The archivist can perform remote requests, see research requests
for more information.
Researchers conducting research in the archives must abide by the following policies:
- Before using archives records, all researchers must fill out a registration form.
- All coats, briefcases, bags and backpacks must be deposited with the archives staff before using archives records.
- No person will be allowed to retrieve archival materials from the shelves except by special permission of the College
- Records must be used in the archives room.
- Order within the boxes must be preserved. Only one folder or item may be removed from a box at a time and a placeholder
must be used to mark where the folder or item was removed.
- Care must be taken in the examination of all materials. Any accidents to records should be reported at once to a member
of the archives staff.
- Pencil must be used. The use of ink is prohibited.
- Smoking, eating, and drinking are not permitted.
- Researchers must abide by the Reproduction and Duplication Policies.
- Unprocessed material and restricted records may not be viewed except with permission of the College Archivist.