Information by Subject | Art
Art Full Text
- Index and abstracts for articles in art.
- A digital library of more than one million images in the arts, architecture, humanities, and social sciences.
Art & Architecture Images
- Over 80,000 art and architecture images from commercial sources, plus contributions from OhioLINK institutions.
Arts & Humanities Citation Index (ISI)
- Index and cited references for articles in the arts and humanities.
Bibliography of the History of Art (BHA)
- Provides access to the Bibliography of the History of Art (BHA)
and Repertoire de la litterature de l'art (RILA)
. Combined coverage for materials published between 1975-2007.
Digital Resource Commons
- Several databases of electronic images or videos; also includes sound, numeric data, and other types of electronic media.
Filmakers Library Online
- documentaries with relevance across the curriculum: race and gender studies, human rights, globalization and global studies, multiculturalism, international relations, criminal justice, the environment, bioethics, health, political science and current events, psychology, arts, literature, and more.
Grove Art Online - Now known as Oxford Art Online
Humanities International Complete
- Comprehensive database of humanities content.
Index to 19th Century American Art Periodicals
- Index to articles from 42 art journals published in 19th century U.S.
- Catalog of books and other materials held in the Besse Library as well as access to books and materials held at Ohio college and university libraries.
Oxford Art Online (formerly known as Grove Art Online)
- A comprehensive online reference resource for all aspects of the visual arts worldwide from prehistory to the present day.
SCIPIO: Art and Rare Books Sales Catalogs
- Catalog of auction catalogs of art objects and rare books.
Ancient City of Athens
- A photographic archive of the archaeological and architectural remains of ancient Athens (Greece).
Archives of American Art
- Smithsonian archives of primary source documentation on the visual arts in America including letters, diaries, photographs, etc.
Art Images for College Teaching (AICT)
- Images of art and architectural works by art historian and visual resources curator, Allan T. Kohl.
- Smithsonian American Art Museum
Art Project powered by Google
- Users can explore a wide range of artworks at brushstroke level detail, take a virtual tour of a museum and even build their own collections to share. Artwork from collections around the world, such as paintings, drawings, sculptures, historic and religious artifacts, photographs and important manuscripts, there is a wealth of additional material. Expertly narrated videos, audio guides, viewing notes, detailed information, maps and so on provide an invaluable range of content for visitors to enjoy.
- A comprehensive index of artists represented at hundreds of museum sites, image archives, and other online resources.
- Short biographies of American artists.
Athenian Agora Excavations
- Provides information on the Athenian Agora.
- International index of literature on conservation of cultural materials.
- The topics covered in this site explore the processes, techniques and materials used to create sculpture, design and architectural features in metal.
Bulletin of the Cleveland Museum of Art
- Online index for this publication. Publication found in print in the Ursuline Library
Cleveland Museum of Art
- Open collection of the CMA
- Materials for the study of women and gender in the ancient world.
- This site for museum professionals includes resources such as museum news, conservation resources, links to museum Web sites, and job postings.
Intermuseum Conservation Association (ICA)
- Headquartered in Cleveland, OH, ICA is a non-profit art preservation and conservation organization. Services offered include laboratory and on-site conservation, climate-controlled storage, custom crate building and display work, surveys and inspections, studio-quality photo documentation, disaster assistance, and grant collaboration. In addition to being a service provider, ICA's educational outreach includes workshops, publications, lectures and other programming.
National Museum of Women in the Arts
- Online collection of more than 3,000 works that provides a comprehensive survey of art by women from the 16th century to the present.
Smarthistory: A Multimedia Web-Book about Art and Art History
- This database may be browsed many ways including by individual work or time period. Includes videos, podcasts, articles, images and more.
- Showcases the works and art of structural engineering and architecture around the world.
Timeline of Art History
- Chronological, geographical, and thematic exploration of the history of art from around the world, as illustrated by the Metropolitan Museum of Art's collection.