Information by Subject | Social Work
Alexander Street Press
- Collection of videos for scholarly research, teaching, and learning.
CINAHL Plus with Full Text
- Index and abstracts to the literature of nursing and allied health. For assistance in searching, review this online tutorial
Counseling and Therapy in Video
- (Now known as Alexander Street Press)
Online collection of videos. Coverage includes social work, psychotherapy, and psychiatric counseling. For assistance, view this online tutorial
Films on Demand
- Unlimited access to more than 12,000 videos and 100,000 segments for topics in Humanities & Social Sciences, Business & Economics, Science & Mathematics and Health & Medicine to name a few. The collections are dynamic, so any new videos acquired are added to the resource automatically. Public performance rights are also included.
- Catalog of books and other materials held in the Besse Library as well as access to books and materials held at Ohio college and university libraries.
MEDLINE with full text (EBSCO)
- A comprehensive index for medical journals and provides full text for more than 1,370 journals.
- Index and abstracts of articles, books, chapters, dissertations, and reports in psychology.
Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection
- Index, abstracts, and full text covering topics such as emotional and behavioral characteristics, psychiatry and psychology, mental processes, anthropology, and observational and experimental methods.
Social Sciences Citation Index (ISI)
- Index, abstracts, and cited references for articles in the social sciences.
Social Work Abstracts
- The database provides indexing and abstracts dealing with all aspects of the social work field, including theory and practice, areas of service and social issues and problems.
SocINDEX with Full Text
- Comprehensive sociology research database. Contains full text for 253 "core" coverage journals dating back to 1895, and 72 "priority" coverage journals. This database also includes full text for 547 books and monographs, and full text for 6,711 conference papers.
- 2-1-1 is a phone number that connects people with important community services. The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) assigned 2-1-1 nationwide as the phone number to dial for help with health and human services.
Child Welfare Information Gateway
- Information and resources to help protect children and families.
Human Development Reports
Information for Practice
- A web resource from NYU School of Social Work, designed to help social service professionals throughout the world conveniently maintain an awareness of news and emerging scholarship.
- Visitors can search for MDRC publications in the policy areas of “K-12 Ed”, “Higher Ed”, “Families & Children”, “Workers & Communities”, and “Health & Barriers to Employment”.
- The National Association of Social Workers.