Remote Access to Online Services
To gain access to online resources provided through the library, patrons must be registered with the library. See circulation
for more information. Patron's are welcome to contact a reference librarian
Books and Media
- To search for materials held in the library and media center collection, search the library's online catalog. Here, patrons will find a number of items held in the library and media center as well as online books and videos. If the material is not found within the library's catalog, try searching the OhioLINK catalog
. Materials may be requested online from member libraries through the OhioLINK catalog.
- This service provides online reference books. The collection includes encyclopedias, handbooks, biographical collections, and guides focusing in the humanities and social sciences. The books are published by ABC-CLIO, an educational publisher.
- This service provides online books covering many academic subjects. These books may also be found within the library's online catalog
. Patrons may also visit NetLibrary to search only the NetLibrary collection.
Oxford Reference Online
- This service provides access to full text of over 100 dictionaries, general reference, language reference, and subject reference works published by the Oxford University Press.
Safari Tech Books
- The library provides an electronic collection of books covering such subjects as computer science, information technology, and other related fields. The titles from the collection may be found when searching the library's online catalog
or by accessing Safari Tech Books.
- The library provides access to over 150 databases/indexes. These databases/indexes provide citations to a number of scholarly journal articles, with a number of them accessible online. Patrons may find the appropriate database by browsing a list arranged by subject
- The library also provides an online service for finding online journals. If a patron has the citation to an article, or would like to browse a particular journal title, searching the Journal Finder will assist in finding the location of the journal and the issues available. The Journal Finder not only identifies online journals available through the library, but it also contains information on the print periodical holdings found in the library collection.
- The librarians have worked in conjunction with the Ursuline College Faculty to identify a number of Web sites that provide reliable information. These Web sites are organized by subject or patrons may search only those Web sites found in the Weblinks collection. The collection includes links to online reference material, government agencies, and professional organizations.