Ursuline invites you to attend Fall Orientation on August 22rd, 2015. Whether this is your first time being an Ursuline parent or your fourth, we could not be more excited to welcome you and your student to our beautiful campus. Orientation is designed give you and your student a sense of Ursuline spirit and introduce you both to the helpful resources available on campus. Also, be sure to check out our Info to Know and our FAQ pages to learn more
For some of you, moving your student to college will not be easy. For others, your student will continue to live at home and commute to Ursuline. Each situation presents its own rewards and challenges. No matter your situation, staying engaged with your student during the first semester is critical for his or her success at Ursuline, as the transition from high school to college can be exciting, emotional, and overwhelming-- all at once.
In the space of one week, a new student will likely:
Fall Orientation is mandatory for all traditional-aged new and traditional-aged transfer students. A team of upperclass Orientation Arrows will lead your student through activities, social events and sessions to immerse them into college life and successfully begin their journey at Ursuline. Your student will start to make friends and gain important knowledge to be prepared for classes. Additionally, we've prepared a Parent Orientation to help you learn more about the needs of your college-student and how you can best support them as they transition into Ursuline's community.
- Arrive on campus without knowing a soul.
- Share a room for the first time with a total stranger.
- Find her or his way around on an unfamiliar campus.
- Find a spot in the right parking lot.
- Be at the right place at the right time for way too many activities.
- Learn a whole new set of policies, procedures, and rules.
- Get five syllabi from five different classes and try to define the word syllabus.
- Try to make some friends.
- Find a job.
- Decide whether to attend a party off campus.
- Explain to family that despite a seemingly empty schedule they are still very busy.
We are committed to making the transition as easy as possible for you and your student, which is why we invite you to regularly visit the parent website to access our free monthly newsletter - Connections and Conversations. It is designed to serve as an insightful resource and conversation starter for your and your student as he or she begins to navigate the college experience.
Questions? Contact Emily Smith in the Orientation Office at email@example.com or 440-684-6107.