future students
ursuline college
Ursuline College @Ursulinecampus   Schedule your visit today at http://ursuline.edu/visit

Ursuline College is committed to providing members of the U.S. Armed Forces and veterans a comprehensive education in an inclusive and collaborative environment. In order to better assist our service members, the Ursuline College Accelerated Program (UCAP) has established a veteran services team that personally assists each prospective student whether they are a discharged veteran, active duty, reserve or guard member. 

The Ursuline College Accelerated Program (UCAP) offers 11 accelerated bachelor’s degree options to choose from. The program is geared towards working adult men and women. Students take 1 course every five weeks with 9 starting times per year. The flexibility to step in and out of courses, as life dictates is often attractive to our adult learners who are balancing school, work, and family. Students generally earn a minimum of 27 credits per year and are assisted one-on-one by our in-house academic advisor on what courses to take for the quickest path to completion. UCAP has devised a streamlined process for admittance so that making the transition from the military to higher education is an easy one.

Credit for Military Training and Alternative Credit Options

In keeping with Ursuline’s personal approach to education, the College recognizes the unique experiences of each individual by providing students the opportunity to receive credit for what has already been learned. Prospective military students who have been honorably discharged may transfer up to 20 credits for military training and experience.

Obtaining your military transcripts can be completed through a new, consolidated system called Joint Service Transcript. Transcripts for the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard can be accessed immediately by using your CAC card or creating a login ID and password.

For Air Force military transcripts, the USAF, through the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF), provides a transcript detailing ACE recommended credit. To order an official copy be mailed directly to Ursuline College go to Ordering a CCAF Transcript and follow the instructions.

Credits toward your degree may also be earned through CLEP, test-outs, and service learning. In total, students are eligible to earn a total of 43 alternative option credits through a combination of their military training, CLEP, test-outs, and service learning.

No Limit on Transfer Credit

Ursuline College accepts credits earned by other regionally accredited institutions that transfer over with a "C" grade of higher. There is no limit on the number of credits that can transfer from four year institutions; however the last 32 credits must be completed at Ursuline College. Our counselors will work with you to review your credits even before you apply for admissions.

Ursuline College Yellow Ribbon Program

Ursuline College is also proud to participate in the Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program. Through the Yellow Ribbon Program, Ursuline College is in a voluntary agreement with the Veterans Administration to cover the cost of tuition and fees in excess of the amounts payable under the Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008. Eligible veterans may receive 100% of Ursuline College tuition assistance through a combination of Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Benefits and the Yellow-Ribbon Program. Tuition benefits include both undergraduate and graduate coursework and full-time or part-time enrollment.

How do I qualify?
Determination of your eligibility is made by the VA and you must file an application with the VA at www.gibill.va.gov.

If you are an eligible veteran, you will receive a Certificate of Eligibility (CE) that indicates you meet the requirements for the Yellow Ribbon Program. When you enroll at Ursuline College, you need to present your CE to the Financial Aid Office for certification. Future benefits from the Yellow Ribbon Program require that you maintain satisfactory academic progress, conduct and attendance in compliance with federal and institutional regulations and policies. The Yellow Ribbon Program benefits are only applicable for education received after August 1, 2009.

Receiving Your VA Benefits

In order to receive educational benefits, you must submit VA Form 22-1990. It is no longer an option to submit your request through the Veteran's Online Application (VONAPP). The 22-1990 is the form used if you are a veteran or service member applying for educational benefits for the first time. 22-1990E is ONLY for family members to use transferred benefits.

The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs provides service members and veterans with clear, comprehensive guidance to maximize your education and training benefits. If you have questions, call 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-800-827-1000) to speak with a veteran's benefits counselor in the Department of Veteran Affairs.