Dress, skirt or dark dress pants. Men:
Dark pants and shoes. No pins, scarves, corsages/flowers or decorations on caps are permitted.
Indicates the scholastic degree earned. The lining of the hood is blue and gold (Ursuline colors) and the velvet band around the neck indicates the degree:
- White for liberal arts (Bachelors and Masters)
- Apricot for nursing (Bachelors, Masters, and Doctorate)
- Light blue for education (Masters)
- Red for ministry (Masters)
- Drab for Master of Business Administration (Masters)
- Lavender for art therapy (Masters)
- Brown for fine arts (Bachelors)
ALL undergraduate/bachelors candidates that are not nursing or fine arts should purchase white hoods. The Bookstore will be able to assist you with purchasing the correct hood. If there is intention to borrow academic attire (from a friend/alum) please call the Vice President of Student Affairs at 440 646 8320 to verify that it is correct for the degree. Academic attire may be purchased at Commencement Countdown or in the Bookstore. Call 440 449 5368 with any questions.Honors
- Honor cords are awarded by Honor Societies and are not for GPA honors.
- If you are in more than one honor society, you may wear multiple cords.
- Only honor cords and metals received from Ursuline College may be worn.
- Psi Chi Honorary has medallions, 4-year student athletes have zipper pulls and nursing students receive pins—all of these may be worn at Baccalaureate and Commencement.
GPA honors will be on your diploma and are as follows:
3.9 and above = summa cum laude
3.7 to 3.89 = magna cum laude
3.5 to 3.69 = cum laude