Business Office and Financial Aid
Business Office Information
All financial obligations must be met in order to participate in the commencement ceremony and receive your transcripts and actual diploma. The following obligations must be met:
- In order to participate in the commencement ceremony, fees must be paid by noon on the Thursday before commencement. If payment is made by check, the check has to clear the bank by noon on Thursday.
- All Ursuline College tuition and fees must be paid in full in order to receive tickets.
- Tuition Deferment: All deferred tuition (usually associated with employer reimbursements) must be paid. This applies to both UCAP and Main campus students.
- Payment Plan: All payment plan payments must be paid.
- All Schell Loans due on or before April 30, 2017 must be paid in full.
- All graduates who borrowed a Federal Loan while attending Ursuline College must attend an Exit Counseling Session in order to participate in the graduation ceremony and receive their diploma.
- All graduates are charged a $100 graduation processing fee. This fee applies both to students that participate in the graduation ceremony and those that choose not to participate.This fee does not include regalia.
- It is the responsibility of the student to complete and return all financial aid forms so that financial aid may be posted to the student account.
- All overdue library books must be returned and all library fines paid.
For questions concerning your account please call the Student Service Office at 440 646 8309. Any questions or concerns regarding payment of your account may be directed to Sue Valitsky at 440 646 8312. Diplomas and transcripts will not be issued until all tuition and fees are paid.
Important Financial Aid Information
While attending Ursuline College, you received Federal Stafford Student Loan(s). As your graduation approaches, you must now think of your future and of the financial obligations these loans will impose. In order to better understand your rights and responsibilities, Federal Regulations mandate that you complete the Direct Federal Stafford Loan Exit Counseling. You can choose to complete your exit counseling online or by attending the exit counseling session on campus. Due to the number of graduates we will not be offering individual exit counseling sessions.
To complete the exit counseling process online, click the exit counseling link at www.studentloans.gov
– we will receive notification once you have read the information and completed the quiz. You will need your FAFSA PIN number to enter the exit counseling web pages, and then three complete references (name, address, and phone) of relatives and/or friends who live at different addresses to complete the process. Please allow thirty to forty five minutes to complete the online exit counseling. You can also review your total federal student loan debt on this webpage and use calculators to estimate your monthly payments.
There will be e-mail notifications sent to you regarding in person sessions for May graduates. You will need to bring your driver’s license as well as two complete references (name, address, and phone) of relatives and/or friends who live at different addresses, plus the name and address of your future employer (if known). The information on these references must be complete before you leave the exit counseling. The session will last approximately one hour and it is mandatory that you stay for the entire session.
All of the essential information for borrowers in understanding their rights and responsibilities under their Federal Loan Agreement(s) is available on-line. There are many repayment and deferment options available to you, so please read the information carefully! The Federal Direct Loan Servicing Center is your contact point for questions, choosing a repayment plan, or deferments. They can be reached at 800 848 0979 or www.myedaccount.com
If you plan to attend the session on campus please email me or sign up for the session at the Financial Aid table during Commencement Countdown in Pilla. Please remember that your Exit Counseling must be completed by Friday, May 12, 2017. You MUST complete your exit interview in order to receive your diploma! Diplomas will not be mailed until the exit interview is completed.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email or call me.
Office of Financial Aid
Assistant Director, Financial Aid Office
Phone 440 646 8331
Fax 440 684 6114