There is no commencement practice as we want to be respectful of time constraints with finals, jobs, children, etc.
Here are instructions for that day:
When you arrive at Wolstein:
· At Gate D (gold balloon), you will be escorted down the steps and backstage to the check in area. You will then see the line to receive your lineup card. The cards are kept in alphabetical order by last name. Pick up your lineup card. On the back of the card, you will see a lineup number. You will lineup according to that number. Make sure to take your card up on stage with you.
- Know who is in front and back of you.
- The opening procession consists of graduates marching around the entire circumference of the arena and into a row. A marshal will count as you enter your row. Keep moving until she tells you to stop.
- A marshal will release your row when it is time to go on stage. When walking across stage, first hand your card to announcer, then proceed on stage to get your diploma handed to you in your left hand, then continue across the stage and take a picture with Sr. Chris as you are shaking her right hand.
- There will be a second picture off the stage. A marshal will guide you over to that photo area.
- You might not have the same seat when returning – that is fine. Just fill in.
Bachelor’s Degree: If you are receiving your Bachelor’s degree, your tassel should be on the right. After everyone receives their diploma, you will be instructed by Dr. Kavran to stand up and move your tassel to the left.
Doctor or Master’s Degree: You already have a Bachelor’s degree so your tassel is on the left side of your cap as you process in. It remains on the left side. Do not stand up when Dr. Kavran asks Bachelor’s degree recipients to stand for the tassel switch.
· A marshal will release your row to begin the recession.
· Once backstage, the line will split. January and August grads, you will proceed up the Gate D steps.
· May grads you will go to the diploma table to receive your personal diploma then up Gate D steps.
We will have commencement staff everywhere to help you out and guide you.
DNP recipients enter the stage carrying their hoods on their right sleeve. They give their lineup card to the announcer and they wait at the podium until their name is announced. Once their name is announced, they proceed on the stage and hand their hood to their committee chair. The student will then turn around to face the audience and the committee chair will then hood the recipient. The recipient then proceeds over to Jack Newman who will present them with their diploma. They then take a picture with Sr. Chris DeVinne and then exit the stage.Commencement Day Attire