Summer Science Enrichment Program - Program will not be offered Summer 2012
The Ursuline College Chemistry Department invites rising high school sophomores (class of 2014) and juniors (class of 2013) to participate in a unique and exciting opportunity exploring chemistry and chemistry related fields. The Summer Science Enrichment Program is a special three-day, pre-college experience. It will run on Fridays, July 8, 15 and 22 from 9am - 3pm. Participants must commit to all three Fridays. The activities will include indoor and outdoor labs and hands-on activities at the Ursuline College campus (July 8), The Chemistry Dept at Cleveland State University (July 15) and The Lubrizol Corporation in Lake County, OH (July 22).
View the flyer
As a program participant you will:
Dress codes are:
- Perform indoor and outdoor labs and hands-on activities.
- Tour labs at a local industry and see first-hand how chemistry is involved in all these vital areas.
- Learn about how college can prepare you for a career in chemistry and related fields
- July 8: Closed-toed shoes required; no bare midriffs or short shorts
- July 15: Dress for chemistry lab and air conditioning; closed-toed shoes required; no shorts
- July 22: Business casual dress; no jeans, tennis shoes, high heel shoes or t-shirts
To apply for this special three-day pre-college experience, fill out an application along with a short 250 word or less essay. A teacher recommendation is optional, but encouraged. Overall GPA of 2.5 and a minimum 'C' grade in Science, Math and English classes. Review of applications will begin on April 1 and will continue through June 3 or until openings are filled.
A $50 registration fee for the entire program covers all workshops, materials, along with breakfast and lunch each day. Scholarships are available. A $25 refundable deposit is required upon program acceptance.