Master of Arts in Education/PASE Admission Requirements
This program is dependent upon the registration of sufficient candidates for each strand, who will then move through the program in a cohort. Any application received after the maximum number of 20 applicants per cohort will be placed on a waiting list and notified if additional space becomes available. Although our classes are scheduled to meet one night per week, we reserve the right to change the meeting time, day and/or location for serious reasons, such as an unusually small number of enrollees, or unforeseen circumstances.Admission Requirements
Students applying for admission must meet both the general requirements for graduate admission
and the specific requirements of the PASE program:
- Provide a copy of a current Ohio teaching certificate/license.
- Provide a letter from the applicant's administration and/or district human resource officer verifying active employment and positions.
- Sign a Statement of Commitment.
- Demonstrate technology skills if enrolling in the Technology Facilitator strand.
- Provide a writing sample (in addition to the general application essay required by the Application for Admission). Essays should be typed and emailed to the Office of Graduate Admission at firstname.lastname@example.org. Essays may also be mailed to the Office of Graduate Admission, Ursuline College, 2550 Lander Road, Pepper Pike, Ohio 44124. Please give careful, thoughtful consideration and respond to all parts of the following questions:
- Why do you want to enter the graduate program for practicing teachers: Programs for Advanced Studies in Education (PASE) at Ursuline College? What program area (C&I, Reading, Intervention Specialist, Computer Technology) have you selected and why?
- How would you describe your personal and professional strengths?
- How would you describe your ability to form positive relationships with others?