Full-Time / Posted March 23, 2021
Ursuline College, a small liberal arts college located on a tranquil campus in Pepper Pike OH, just outside of Cleveland is seeking a Coordinator of Didactic Education for the developing Physician Assistant program. The position is full-time, 12-months, tenure-track, reporting to the Physician Assistant Program Director.
The Coordinator of Didactic Education will have the primary responsibility of assisting with the design, implementation, evaluation, and modification of the didactic curriculum. This individual will be responsible for recruiting and collaborating with course directors and guest instructors, presenting lectures and laboratory instruction, developing and grading examinations and assignments, and recruiting guest lecturers. He/ she will also be actively involved with scholarly activity, student advising and admissions, and faculty meetings or committees.
- Graduation from an accredited physician assistant program.
- Master’s degree required. Doctoral degree strongly preferred.
- Current NCCPA certification.
- Minimum of three years clinical experience as a practicing PA. Teaching experience in physician assistant education strongly preferred.
- Eligibility for licensure in the state.
- Strong commitment to fulfill mission statement of department, college, and university.
- Participate in development, evaluation, and revision of didactic phase curriculum.
- Coordinate didactic course content, curriculum and class scheduling.
- Participate in the ARC-PA provisional accreditation application, process, and site visit. Also participate in maintenance of accreditation.
- Course direct specific didactic courses as assigned by Program Director.
- Recruit and orient appropriate lecturers for didactic courses.
- Instruct PA students in areas of knowledge and expertise.
- Participate in academic advising of PA students.
- Participate in student applicant admissions, student recruitment and interviewing.
- Serve as a liaison with course directors from other university departments or adjunct instructors regarding course content, scheduling, and evaluation.
- Establish and revise annually, with assistance of other faculty and Program Director, textbooks required for didactic phase of program.
- Coordinate and participate in laboratory instruction during didactic phase of program.
- Participate in student evaluation by grading written assignments, written examinations, OSCEs, practical skill competencies, and oral presentations.
- Participate in faculty meetings and retreats, and department, college, and university committees.
- Maintain NCCPA certification.
- Participate in appropriate local, state, and national physician assistant educational and professional associations.
- Participate in clinical practice or research activities depending on tenure-track or non-tenure track position. To be determined by the department Program Director.
- Maintains a systematic process of evaluating and assessing student experiences and academic progress, didactic courses, course directors, guest lecturers, and didactic curriculum.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and integrity to be a role-model for physician assistant students.
- Agree not to participate as medical providers for students enrolled in the PA program.
- Have active involvement in community service associated with the Physician Assistant program.
- Coordinate didactic student orientation and develop and revise the didactic orientation manual in conjunction with Program Director.
- Review the mission, program goals and competencies annually with the program team.
- Participate in student remediation and coordinate the remediation process.
- Complete other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Program Director.
Qualified candidates should send a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, official copies of all university transcripts, three letters of professional reference and a letter of application that includes the applicant’s philosophy of teaching and leadership. Applications may be submitted to:
Ryan Adler EdD, MSPAS, PA-C Founding Program Director, Ursuline College Physician Assistant Program, Breen School of Nursing and Health Professions, via Ms. Katharyn Battistone at email@example.com. Application reviews and interviews will start immediately and continue until the position is filled.