September 19, 2016
Ursuline's Executive Director of Business Programs Nurete Brenner, Ph.D., will lead a breakout session, "Women Rebalancing the World," at the Celebrating Women 2016 Conference on Friday, Sept. 30, at the Cleveland Marriott Downtown at Key Center. The conference is presented by McGregor, a non-profit assisted living and retirement facility in Cleveland, and will be held from 8:00 am until 2:00 pm.
In describing her talk, Dr. Brenner said, "Our western civilization and way of life is out of balance. For too long we have privileged and valued aggressiveness, competition, money and power. If we continue along this path, we are at great risk of losing everything we value. To restore balance, we need the discerning wisdom and compassion that are associated with the feminine aspects of humanity and with indigenous wisdom. These feminine values emphasize nurturing, caring, and relatedness to all living things and to the planet. Humanity is at a crossroads and we need women and men who are attuned to empathy and compassion to lead the way forward."
Dr. Brenner is available to present on this and other topics to community groups, conferences and workshops. Other talk topics include (but are not limited to):
- Communicating Across Cubicles: How to Have Difficult Converations
- It’s a New World: Leadership for the 21st Century
- What Did I Just Say? A Peek into Seven Human Perspectives (or “How Do You See the World Around You?)
- The Shift to a Socially Conscious Economy; Or, how we’re getting from here to there
- Women’s Vision at Work: Equal but Different