March 26, 2020
An Update from Ursuline College President Sister Christine De Vinne, OSU, PhD
Many thanks to everyone—that means everyone!—across our Ursuline College community for the adaptability and resilience you’ve shown in the transition to online learning and to a “Mandatory-Only Campus.” These have not been easy changes, but your resourcefulness and the help you’ve given each other have made them possible.
In addition to all students, faculty, and staff working remotely, an extra measure of gratitude to those whose responsibilities require your presence on campus in Facilities, Security, the Business Office, and Institutional Advancement. You are keeping our campus safe, our payroll running, our mail sorted and delivered, our bills paid, our new-student deposits recorded, our on-site IT needs addressed, and our donors’ contributions acknowledged. Thank you!
1. To be ready for the semester ahead, Academic Affairs announces these new dates for student advising and registration:
- Academic advising for students: 30 March through 24 April
- Fall registration begins for student on these dates.
- Graduate and Seniors: 28 April 5 am
- Juniors: 29 April 5 am
- Sophomores: 30 April 5 am
- Freshmen: 1 May 5 am
Registrar Leah Sullivan will post the FA20 schedule and will send details to faculty and advisors, as well as to students.
2. In keeping with the State of Ohio Stay-at-Home Order, students do not currently have entry to the residence halls. Any students who need education-related materials left there should contact Gina DeMart-Kraus directly.
3. Faculty and staff who need access to their offices are reminded that they can work in the buildings Monday through Friday 9-11a and 6-8p. Directives:
- Sign in and out at the Maintenance garage, where a log is posted.
- Access to Mullen, Besse, and Dauby through the covered walkway entrances closest to north lot.
- Access to Parker and Stano through the west entrances of these buildings, with parking near entrances.
- Access to Pilla through the main entrance, with parking in Pilla Lot.
- Access to Wasmer and Fritzche through the main entrance of these buildings, with parking in Pilla Lot.
- Call the phone number on the door sign. Facilities staff will meet you there to let you in.
- Leave by the same doors, so that Facilities staff can make sure that all doors to the buildings remain locked after you depart.
We have a growing set of videos for students—not about your courses but general information and encouragement from faces you’ll recognize around campus. You can check them out at the top of this page. All your faculty, advisors, and staff send their good wishes and support as your virtual Ursuline College education continues.