March 28, 2020
The Florence O'Donnell Wasmer Gallery at Ursuline College announces a fully digital exhibition, "Self Portraits: Artists Respond to COVID-19," which will be on view from April 24 - May 22, 2020 with a link on www.ursuline.edu/wasmer-gallery.
"To ensure the health and safety of our staff and the communities we serve, Ursuline College has temporarily closed the Wasmer Gallery to the public," said Gallery Director Anna Arnold. "We want to make certain we continue providing the public with uplifting, soul-stirring exhibits, even as the situation with the Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to change our lives daily. We are establishing a virtual art gallery to continue providing dynamic and provocative art exhibits."
Who is eligible to submit work?
The Wasmer Gallery is seeking self-portraits inspired by COVID-19, the illness caused by the novel coronavirus. Through this provocative, fully digital show, the Gallery aims to increase public engagement and accessibility to art during the current coronavirus epidemic. The show is open to emerging and professional artists currently residing in the United States. The self-portrait theme is open to interpretation and photos of all media are eligible.
Each artist may submit a maximum of three (3) digital photos of artworks. The submission of images does not guarantee that your work will be selected for this online exhibition.
How do I submit artwork?
- To submit artwork, please send high quality digital photos and info to Anna Arnold.
- Email submissions open Saturday, April 4, 2020 at 3:00 PM EST
- Email submissions close Saturday, April 18, 2020 by 11:59 PM EST
- Accepted/not accepted entries announced via email: Mon., April 20
- All art must be your original work, your own concept and creation. Copies of a famous artwork and another artist's photos, drawings or paintings, etc. will not be accepted.
- Each artist may enter up to three (3) digital entries.
- Include your name, title of art, media, date completed, size if applicable, city, and website with each photo.
- All digital images submitted must be of high quality, since all selections will occur online. Photos not focused, properly lit, neatly cropped and suitably photographed will be declined.
- Submissions are due in Arnold’s email box by 11:59 PM SATURDAY, April 18, 2020
Copyright and all other rights to the artwork will remain with the artist. Wasmer Gallery and Ursuline College reserves the right to post accepted artists’ images for marketing, publications, and promotional purposes. These include, but are not limited to, ads, articles, marketing materials, press releases, event presentations, slide shows and videos, brochures, post cards, catalogs, posters, event mailers, and for use on the Ursuline College website and the gallery’s social media networks. Artist will be credited.