Expand your patient populations into adults and gerontology.
Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP) practices in any setting in which patient care requirements include: complex monitoring and therapies, high-intensity nursing intervention, or continuous nursing vigilance within the range of high-acuity care. Coursework, clinical experience, and research utilization provide students with the knowledge, values, and skills necessary for advanced-practice nursing roles.
Download the AGACNP Curriculum Guide.
Admission Requirements: MSN Track: Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
Students applying for admission must meet both the general requirements for admission to all graduate programs and the specific requirements of the particular program of study. For the MSN program, admission requirements are as follows:
General Admission Requirements
- Application for Graduate Studies, including an essay of 500–1,000 words. Application may be submitted at ursuline.edu/apply.
- Non-refundable $25 application fee.
- All official transcript(s) for baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution and any additional undergraduate or graduate academic coursework whether or not credit was earned, the program was completed, or the credit appears as transfer credit on another transcript, including one that verifies completion of an accredited baccalaureate program in nursing. Transcript(s) must be forwarded to the Office of Graduate Admission directly by the issuing institution.
- Evidence of ability to do graduate work as indicated by a recommended 3.0 GPA shown on the applicant’s transcript(s).
- Three recommendations utilizing the required recommendation form. Recommendations should be written by appropriate professionals attesting to the suitability of the applicant for graduate work in the particular field. Preferred references include: one from a previous instructor, one from an advanced practice nurse and one from a work supervisor.
MSN Program-Specific Admission Requirements
- Current, unencumbered Ohio Registered Nurse license.
- A current resume reflecting a minimum of one-year work experience as a registered nurse. Nursing experience must be within the past two years.
MSN Program Application Deadline
Applicants are urged to initiate formal application as far as possible in advance of the semester or term in which they plan to enroll. Graduate nursing courses begin in the fall and spring semesters. Post master’s classes start every semester.