St. Nicholas Wish List
St. Nicholas, a 4th-century Greek bishop, is remembered by the Church for his compassion and generosity. Over the centuries, parents in many European countries have commemorated St. Nicholas by placing candies or cookies in the shoes of their children on the night before his feast day.
Our needs at Ursuline go a little beyond candies and cookies, although we gratefully welcome gifts in any size. Please have a look at our St. Nicholas Wish List and consider donating to one of these special efforts.
- Paid Internship Fund – Many valuable internships are unpaid and therefore unrealistic for students who need to earn money during college. Your gift to our Paid Internship Fund will help ensure that Ursuline students can gain professional experience, regardless of their means.
- Student Emergency Fund – Relatively minor expenses (like car repairs or computer replacement) can sometimes block a student’s path to graduation. Your support for our Student Emergency Fund could make all the difference.
- Quad Revitalization – Ursuline’s quad, the heart of campus, is long overdue for a facelift. Your contribution will help to fund a professional landscape design that provides for additional trees, shrubbery, gardens, lighting, accessible walkways, and outdoor furniture to bring the quad back to life!
- Ursuline’s Institute for Women, Wellness & Work – Ursuline’s Institute for Women, Wellness & Work – On-demand courses, webinars, stories, podcast interviews, and videos provide women of all ages and stages with opportunities for meaningful personal and professional development. Your gift will make these resources available to women who cannot afford them. Double your giving: all new gifts to the Institute will be matched 1:1 thanks to a generous challenge gift!
- Area of Greatest Need – Just what it sounds like! Your gift will count toward the Annual Fund that covers student scholarships, faculty salaries, light, heat, snowplowing and more!