Step 1: Apply
- The application for graduate studies includes a 500-1,000 word essay, which can be submitted in paper form or online at ursuline.edu/apply.
Step 2: Pay the application fee
- The non-refundable application fee is $25.
Step 3: Submit your official transcripts
- Ursuline requires that all official transcript(s) be submitted as part of the application process including for a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution and any additional undergraduate or graduate academic coursework whether or not credit was earned, the program was completed, or the credit appears as transfer credit on another transcript. These must be forwarded to the Office of Graduate Admission directly by the issuing institution.
- For non-degree programs (Principal Licensure, Endorsements, Graduate Nursing Post Master’s Certificates), only the official transcript from the highest degree earned is required.
- For graduates of Ursuline College, the Office of Graduate Admission will request your official transcript. You do not need to order it.
Step 4: Provide your GPA
- A recommended 3.0 GPA or higher shown on your transcript(s) provides evidence of your ability to do graduate work. You may be asked to provide other evidence of academic ability if your GPA is below 3.0. At the discretion of the dean, students may be admitted conditionally if their GPA is below 3.0.
Step 5: Submit three recommendations
- Three recommendations utilizing the required recommendation form. Recommendations should be written by appropriate professionals attesting to the suitability of the applicant for graduate work in the particular field.
- MSN applicants: Preferred references include one from a previous instructor, one from an advanced practice nurse and one from a work supervisor.
- You can submit contact information for your recommenders through the online application.
Step 6: Interview
- If applicable, you will be interviewed by the program director.
Step 7: Complete additional requirements
- Visit your program’s webpage for additional admission requirements.
If you have questions, need assistance, or would like to submit application materials, please see our FAQs or email Graduate Admission at email@example.com. Application materials can also be mailed to Ursuline.
Need help? Contact us.