Step 1: Apply
- The application for graduate studies includes a 500-1,000 word essay, which can be submitted in paper form or online at ursuline.edu/apply.
Step 2: Pay the application fee
- The non-refundable application fee is $25.
Step 3: Submit your official transcripts
- Ursuline requires that all official transcript(s) be submitted as part of the application process including for a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution and any additional undergraduate or graduate academic coursework whether or not credit was earned, the program was completed, or the credit appears as transfer credit on another transcript. These must be forwarded to the Office of Graduate Admission directly by the issuing institution.
- For non-degree programs (Principal Licensure, Endorsements, Graduate Nursing Post Master’s Certificates), only the official transcript from the highest degree earned is required.
- For graduates of Ursuline College, the Office of Graduate Admission will request your official transcript. You do not need to order it.
Step 4: Provide your GPA
- A recommended 3.0 GPA or higher shown on your transcript(s) provides evidence of your ability to do graduate work. You may be asked to provide other evidence of academic ability if your GPA is below 3.0. At the discretion of the dean, students may be admitted conditionally if their GPA is below 3.0.
Step 5: Submit three recommendations
- Three recommendations utilizing the required recommendation form. Recommendations should be written by appropriate professionals attesting to the suitability of the applicant for graduate work in the particular field.
- MSN applicants: Preferred references include one from a previous instructor, one from an advanced practice nurse and one from a work supervisor.
- You can submit contact information for your recommenders through the online application.
Step 6: Interview
- If applicable, you will be interviewed by the program director.
Step 7: Complete additional requirements
- Visit your program’s webpage for additional admission requirements.
If you have questions, need assistance, or would like to submit application materials, please see our FAQs or email Graduate Admission at email@example.com. Application materials can also be mailed to Ursuline.
International Admission Requirements
- Demonstrate a high-level of competence in the use of the English language prior to admission, including reading, writing, speaking and listening, by achieving a score of at least 550 (paper-based) or 213 CBT or 80 iBT on the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language, ets.org/toefl); 6.5 on the IELTS (International English Language Testing System, ielts.org); or 105 on the Duolingo English Test (englishtest.duolingo.com/applicants). Applicants should make arrangements to take the test as soon as graduate study at Ursuline College is anticipated and should request the official test score to be forwarded directly to the Office of Graduate Admission at Ursuline College.
- The Duolingo English Test is an online English proficiency test that can be taken online, on-demand, in under an hour for only $49. The test is taken via a computer with a camera and includes a proficiency score, video interview, and writing sample which are shared with Ursuline when you send your results. Certified results are available within 48 hours of the test session.
- Provide official translations and evaluations of all transcripts or educational credentials. Ursuline College accepts evaluations from the World Education Services (wes.org), Educational Credential Evaluators (ece.org) or Global Credential Evaluators (gceus.com).
- Submit a statement of financial resources available for meeting the financial obligations incurred while attending Ursuline College.
- Meet the general and specific requirements for admission to the graduate program and be accepted for full-time study (at least 6 semester credits).
For more information on admission requirements for international students, please click here.
Need help? Contact us.