Ursuline College has recently signed agreements with the ROTC programs at John Carroll University (Army) and Kent State University (USAF). Students interested in the ROTC program should contact the recruiter at the participating school or visit the ROTC website for the armed forces branch you are interested in pursuing. Be sure to research deadlines, enrollment dates, time requirements and the location of each program.
The first round of ROTC scholarships is reviewed each year in October, so apply early to get in the first round of students to be considered! ROTC scholarships generally cover tuition, fees, books, and include a monthly stipend. New students enrolling at Ursuline College and participating in the ROTC program would also qualify for a grant from Ursuline to cover standard room and board costs at the college.
Students interested should follow these guidelines:
- Contact the ROTC recruiter to apply to their program. Be sure to provide any documentation required by them as soon as possible.
- Apply to Ursuline College.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov to apply for other need-based financial assistance.
- Notify the Financial Aid Office of your enrollment in the ROTC program when approved.
- Once an ROTC student is enrolled, the Financial Aid Office will authorize a grant to cover any remaining standard room and board costs at the college. You will see the charge and credit for your room and board on your semester billing statement.
- Students are eligible for the ROTC scholarship and room and board grant for up to eight semesters while enrolled as a full-time student at Ursuline College.
- Ursuline merit awards would become ‘honorary’ – in name only - because the ROTC scholarship has a larger tuition value. (Merit awards are tuition awards only and ROTC covers your full tuition.)
Students can transfer college credit to Ursuline upon successful completion of some ROTC coursework. See your Ursuline advisor once enrolled to see what courses can transfer.
Minimum Requirements for ROTC
- US citizen
- Age 17 – 26
- Minimum GPA requirement set by program (Army or Air Force)
- Full-time attendance
- Minimum test scores: SAT 1000 / ACT 19
- Pass Army fitness test
- Meet height and weight requirements
- Meet medical and legal qualifications
Questions? Contact the ROTC recruiter or the Ursuline College Admission Office.