Ohio Department of Higher Education (ODHE) - Education Preparation Performance Report Data from all Education Preparation Providers across the State of Ohio are collected every year and summarized in both a state and individual institution report.
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) Annual Reporting Measures
1.) Impact on P-12 Learning and Development
Value Added Data
- Ohio's value-added data system provides information on student academic gains. The information reported below is for those individuals reported in 2017-2020 by Ohio's Education Value-Added Assessment System. The value-added data is based on Elementary and Middle School Tests (Grades 4-8) and End of Course Tests for high school credit. Due to the system parameters excluding records with missing demographic data, some records have not been reported. Also, Ursuline graduates who teach in schools that do not report value-added data are not included in the data collection.
- For Value-Added Data for Students Taught by Teachers Prepared by Ohio Educator Preparation Providers at Ursuline College refer to p. 5 in the 2021 Ohio Educator Preparation Performance Report.
- Demographic Data for Schools in which Ursuline College Graduates who have Value-Added Data
- For Demographic Information for Schools where Ursuline College-Prepared Teachers with Value-Added Data Serve refer to p.6 in the 2021 Ohio Educator Preparation Performance Report.
2.) Indicators of Teaching Effectiveness
Ohio Teacher Evaluation System (OTES) Results for Ohio Teachers Prepared, Ursuline College, Reporting Period 2017-2020
- Description of Data: Ohio's system for evaluating teachers (OTES) provides educators with a detailed view of their performance, with a focus on specific strengths and opportunities for improvement. The system is research-based and designed to be transparent, fair, and adaptable to the specific contexts of Ohio's school districts. Furthermore, it builds on what educators know about the importance of ongoing assessment and feedback as a powerful vehicle to support improved practice. Teacher performance and student academic growth are the two key components of Ohio's evaluation system.
- Limitations of the OTES Data:
- The information in the report is for those individuals receiving their licenses with effective years of years of 2017 through 2020. Refer to p. 2 in the 2021 Ohio Educator Preparation Performance Report.
- The teacher evaluation data in this report are provided by the Ohio Department of Education.
- Due to Ohio law, results must be masked for institutions with fewer than 10 completers with OTES data
- Since Ursuline has fewer than ten completers with OTES data, there are no data shown on this report. Ursuline is in the process of gathering data from its completers and will display as available.
Ohio Principal Evaluation System (OPES) Results for Ohio Principals Prepared, Ursuline College, Reporting Period 2017, 2018, and 2020. Refer to p. 3 in the 2021 Ohio Educator Preparation Performance Report.
- Description of Data: Ohio's system for evaluating principals (Ohio's Principal Evaluation System) provides building leaders with a detailed view of their performance, with a focus on specific strengths and opportunities for improvement.
- Ohio law does not allow EPP’s with fewer than ten principals to have value-added data displayed. Only the number (N) is reported on the Ohio Educator Preparation Performance Report.
3.) Satisfaction of Employers and Employment Milestones
Initial Teacher Licensure Employer Satisfaction Surveys
- To gather information on employer satisfaction with the quality of preparation received by the Ursuline completers teaching in their schools, surveys are being sent to the person most familiar with the completer/teacher. The link provides information on surveys from completers 2016-2020. 2021 data will be posted as received. The survey consists of questions around categories: (1) Foundations of Teaching, (2) Planning, (3) Instruction, (4) Assessment, (5) Technology, (6) Diversity, (7) Motivation and Engagement, (8) Professionalism and Ethical Behavior and (9) Reflective Practice. Click here for results.
Principal Teacher Licensure Employer Satisfaction Surveys
- To gather information on employer satisfaction with the quality of preparation provided by Ursuline for the completers who are principals in their schools, surveys were sent to the mentor principal. Click here for results.
4.) Satisfaction of Completers
Initial Teacher License Educator Program
To gather information on alumni satisfaction with the quality of preparation provided by their educator preparation program, surveys were sent to completers of the initial teacher licensure programs who have spent two years in the classroom in the field in which they were prepared. The survey consists of questions around categories: (1) Foundations of Teaching, (2) Planning, (3) Instruction, (4) Assessment, (5) Technology, (6) Diversity, (7) Motivation and Engagement, (8) Professionalism and Ethical Behavior and (9) Reflective Practice.
Click here for 2019-2020 results.
Click here for 2020-2021 results.
Principal Preparation Program
- In 2018, 2019 and 2020, to gather information on the quality of preparation provided by their educator preparation programs, the Ohio Department of Higher Education distributes a survey to individuals who serve as mentors to Ohio principal interns. Questions on the survey are aligned with the Ohio Standards for Principals, Ohio licensure requirements, and elements of national accreditation. In 2018, 2019, and 2020, the Ursuline Education Unit surveyed completers of the Principal Licensure Program. Click here to view survey results.
5.) Graduation Rates
Undergraduate & MAP Candidate Graduation Rates
Educational Administration Graduation Rates
Grade Point Averages (GPAs) of Completers
6.) Ability of Completers to Meet Licensing Pass Rates
Ohio Assessment for Educators (OAE) Data
- For Ursuline College pass rates, please refer to page 5 of the 2021 Ohio Educator Preparation Performance Report. (Please note: The Institutional OAE information is only provided if there are more than ten completers who have taken the single assessment referenced.)
OAE Subject Assessment Pass Rates by Licensure Areas and Year
7.) Ability of Completers to be Hired in Education Positions For Which They Have Prepared
- According to the U.S. Department of Education, the teacher shortage areas for 2016-2017 for the state of Ohio are: Arts, English/Language Arts, Foreign Languages, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Special Education, Speech/Language Pathology, and TESOL.
Employment Status of 2017-2020 Ursuline College Completers
Placement Opportunities in Ohio
Ursuline College Education Program Accreditation
Ursuline's Education unit was accredited on April 26, 2021 by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP). See the list of accredited programs.