Full-Time / Posted May 19, 2021
Ursuline College, a small liberal arts college located on a tranquil campus outside of Cleveland, Ohio, is seeking a full-time faculty member to assume teaching and advising responsibilities in its graduate Counseling and Art Therapy Program beginning August 15, 2021. The program provides education and training in clinical mental health counseling and art therapy, and is accredited by CACREP and CAAHEP/ACATE. Tenure/non-tenure track TBD, rank commensurate with experience.
- Teaching graduate level courses
- Advising students and participating in student candidate interviews
- Participating in college committee work
- Assisting with departmental responsibilities such as accreditation, curriculum and program development, practicum and internship, thesis, and fulfilling other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in art therapy required
- Doctoral degree in art therapy or closely related field, or current enrollment in doctoral program, preferred
- ATR-BC credential required
- Active participation in state, national, and local professional organizations
- Evidence of continuing scholarly work and research agenda
- Competence in teaching
- Licensed LPCC or LPCC-S, or license eligible in Ohio preferred.
- Minumum of three years clinical practice in art therapy
Candidates must have excellent communication skills, flexibility, mature judgment, and a commitment to teaching in a creative, collaborative and values-based environment with a focus on promoting individual student success.
How to Apply
For full consideration, interested applicants should submit a curriculum vita, official copies of all university transcripts, three letters of professional reference and a letter of application that includes the applicant’s philosophy of teaching. Applications may be submitted to:
Patricia Sharpnack, DNP, RN, CNE, NEA-BC, ANEF, FAAN, Dean and Strawbridge Professor, Breen School of Nursing and Health Professions, via Ms. Katharyn Battistone. Application reviews and interviews will start immediately and continue until the position is filled.