The Ursuline College Women’s Center empowers and engages students, faculty, and staff in two significant ways:
- The Center provides a forum for the exploration for the role of women in the 21st century society.
- The Center provides services, resources, and referrals that address the needs of students, particularly female students, that arise when attempting to balance work, family, and school.
Co-directed by Dr. Jessica Headley, Assistant Professor in the Counseling and Art Therapy Department, and Amy Lechko, Associate Dean of Student Affairs, the Center sponsors personal and professional workshops for faculty, staff, and students on topics such as self-compassion, professional branding, and motherhood.
A Few of our Annual Offerings
- Stars Among Us: A speaker series that brings respected women leaders in the local community to engage attendees in thought-provoking discussions on women’s leadership
- Transformational Thursdays: A program that promotes personal and career development among students, staff, and faculty on Thursdays throughout the academic semester
- Student Art Showcase: A collaboration with the gallery to celebrate student art during Women’s History Month
- Love Your Body Week: A college-wide collaboration to promote body acceptance and body positivity/neutrality
- Women’s History Month Celebration: A college-wide collaboration to honor women’s contributions to history, culture, and society during the month of March
- Research Grant: A program that awards funding to eligible students and faculty for the completion of research
- Parenting Den: A group offering for faculty and staff who are parents to meet, support each other, and provide resources
To learn more about the Center and connect with available resources and opportunities, please stop by Pilla 212 or email the directors at email@example.com.